An ol !d man, in morning one day, came and sat beside me on a bus stop. The tension of exam had made me bury myself in books, but as the corner of my eyes noticed the stranger, I looked at him; In sunlight, his long white beard was glistening, his off-white long kurta had something that made me force my mind to recall the person, eventually it failed in doing so!!
He combed his beard with his fair and wrinkled fingers while looking at me. He smiled a mysterious smile and got busy in reading newspaper!!
I was still thinking about where I'd seen him, right then the main paper from his hand slipped down and swayed a little away. He looked at me, smiled but didn't stand up to pick it up! His smile, somehow, was asking me to pick the paper and give it to him. And yes, I stood up and did the same, still confused why!
While giving it back to him, I read the short quote written in it. I read the name: Rabindranath Tagore!
I look at him and in reply, he did not say thanks and anything; he just smiled....
Mysteriously!!
P.S.: 1) Just a day before that day or two, I had decided to read all the work done by him!!
2) The photo is taken at the classes I used to go. And many-a-times, I used to be found staring at that beard unblinkingly!
#Salute
-Harsh Thaker
No comments:
Post a Comment